mother dear

Because the kitchen fridge won't hold my stuff anymore.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

sparklies!!

 
I received the neatest package in the mail from Auntie Tina! She sent me all kinds of beautiful jewelry for my costuming. Unfortunately a couple of the pictures got scrambled on my computer, but are these not gorgeous? The ones above were the ones that are going to inspire me to do a Victorian era outfit.

 
This set makes me think of earlier this century. I love rhinestone jewelry. I tend to wear it when I dress up (in real life I mean!)


 
I think these earrings might be my favorite. They're so sparkly!


 
The goody package also had the neatest antique laces, linens, and beading. I think it may have been a lady's lace swatch box. These are my favorite two lace swatches. I can't believe how tiny the stitches are on the top one. I can't even imagine how she did them!

Thank you Auntie Tina! Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

  • At 5:49 PM, Blogger Julebug said…

    Oooh, sparklies!
    I think my fave is the big blue stoned one in the top group. I need to find me an Aunt Tina. ;) Or at least hit some of the yardsales I've seen around this season.

     
  • At 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Beth,
    Can't wait to see what you do with some of the jewelry. I'd love to see the swatches. That penny sure puts it into perspective.
    MOM

     
  • At 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My Dear Beth,
    You are so kind. By now you should of gotten the second package and if I do say so you will love it. Plus please share, that makes it all the more fun. Also I will be happy to take requests from your friends. Auntie Tina loves to shop. Be good and I love you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home