mother dear

Because the kitchen fridge won't hold my stuff anymore.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

my harp has feet

Progress on the harp hasn't exactly been stellar as of late. Mostly, we were too busy planning to go skiing, going skiing, and recovering from going skiing. However, I've got a few shots of some of the work.

Here's some gluing and clamping of trim. The bottom strip of trim has 5 screws through it, so there are little plugs that go in and then get sanded down.

 Posted by Picasa


We did a test fitting of the neck and pillar with the base. This really was a two-person procedure, exactly as the kit directions indicated. I love those directions. The fit just required a bit of trimming on the bottom. Dexter found this incredibly boring. I believe what he's saying here is, "uh, people....walk?"

 Posted by Picasa


Here's my favorite bit of the harp. Don't ask me why, but I really like the little bun feet.

 Posted by Picasa


We have since moved on to finishing, and are about halfway through. I forgot to take pictures, but I'd imagine the 2nd and 4th coat look a lot alike on the camera anyway. And last of all, for you mom....I found this on the camera. Apparently even the dog can solve the puzzle. I, alas, cannot.

 Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

  • At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I always said that Dexter was a smart dog!

     
  • At 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well I have no idea what that is so I guess it is now official, Dexter, (a dog mind you) is smarter then me. Well I admit defeat so now please e-mail me and let me know what the puzzle is my dear Beth. Or whatever that is at the feet of your dog. Have a nice day, Love Aunt Tina

     

Post a Comment

<< Home